"Preventative Maintenance Saves you money and keeps your home or business safe from catastrophe."
If you want to keep your HVAC system running all season long without breaking down, then you need to do preventative maintenance. Preventative maintenance helps you enter the hot and cold seasons of the year with reliable, efficient HVAC service so you are not left with a home or business that is too hot or too cold. Preventative maintenance also helps lower your utility bills because your HVAC equipment will operate more efficiently.
The best schedule for your preventative maintenance in the Albuquerque area is twice a year: once in the spring for your cooling equipment and again in the fall for your heating equipment. This is also a good time for you to ask questions about your system and bring up other issues that might need to be checked out.
Why is Preventative Maintenance so Important?
When Plumbing Express does your maintenance, our trained technicians will inspect and evaluate your unit and make any needed adjustments, cleaning and repairs. Some benefits of regular maintenance are immediate while others prevent future problems from developing.
Some of the most biggest benefits include:
Fewer Repairs: Calling for a tune-up right away when you notice anything out of the ordinary helps catch problems before they become big disasters. A fraying belt could result in strange noises while the unit is operating. If that belt is replaced in time, you can avoid the expensive repair that results from the belt snapping and causing damage when it whips around inside. By preventing future repairs, regular maintenance pays for itself.
Safer Equipment Operation: A failing HVAC system does more than cost a lot of money to repair; it also can endanger your family. For example, if the furnace develops a crack in the heat exchanger, carbon monoxide gas can escape and cause carbon monoxide poisoning to the people inside your home or business. Also, electric HVAC systems can develop a short circuit, which is a serious fire hazard if ignored.
Longer Equipment Life: Air conditioners, furnaces and other HVAC equipment function best when they’re regularly serviced and cleaned. One malfunctioning part can cause a domino effect that causes the entire system to break down. Regular maintenance prevents this from happening and adds years to your equipment’s lifespan.
Lower Energy Bills: A poorly maintained heating or cooling system slowly loses efficiency and will use more energy to heat or cool your home. Professional maintenance will make your equipment operate more efficiently and lower your utility bills.
Heating or Cooling System Emergency?
We're available 24/7 to take your call.
Just click the number below from your mobile phone to be connected automatically:
What Albuquerque Homeowners are Saying about Us on Google Reviews:
“...had the work done in under an hour and used the most cost effective fix”
Plumbing Express has helped me out when the bigger companies had too much work on their hands. I needed a new furnace this winter and every place I checked was too much for me to afford or couldn’t come out for at least a week. The owner, Stephan, came out the next day and took care of me; in my budget and in great time. This was a cold winter and plumbing express felt like a miracle. I’d rather support small local business and I will continue to use and recommend Plumbing Express.
Five Star Google Review
“Prompt, friendly, courteous, and did exceptional work.”
Stephen, the owner of Plumbing Express, was outstanding! Prompt, friendly, courteous, and did exceptional work. Was able to come in about an hour and went the extra mile for us. His slogan says it all, "You've Tried The Rest, Now Trust the Best". We will be passing the name of this company on to all our friends. Thank you for the opportunity to share. Please give them a call for all your plumbing needs.
Five Star Google Review
Can I Do Preventative Maintenance Myself?
Some maintenance requires trained technicians. But there are a few maintenance tasks of your own between your preventative maintenance visits from technicians. The following tasks help keep your equipment running smoothly until the next visit with our trained service technician:
- Check filters every month. Some units have an indicator light that is on a timer to help remind you to check your filter.
- Remove debris from around the outdoor unit.
- Hose down the outdoor unit when dirt begins to accumulate on it.
- Trim back foliage to at least 18 inches away from the outdoor unit.
Maintenance Tasks You Should Leave to the Trained Technicians at Plumbing Express:
Many homeowners wonder why they can’t just complete a preventative maintenance themselves. The fact is thorough maintenance requires skills, tools and knowledge that only trained HVAC technicians can deliver. It would cost you a lot of time and money (tools and other equipment) to do all this yourself - much more than you would pay for preventative maintenance services in the Albuquerque area from Plumbing Express.
- Here’s what you can expect from the trained service technicians at Plumbing Express:
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Clean and adjust dampers
- Inspect area around air intake
- Ensure proper airflow in your HVAC system
- Check for dirty air filters and confirm proper filter size
- Check duct system condition
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by precise measurement
- Inspect electric terminals, check for loose or corroded connections and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply non-conductive coating
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Check heat strip amps
- Lubricate all motors and non-sealed moving parts
- Clean and adjust the blower
- Inspect fan, bearings and belts for tightness and wear
- Test thermostat to make sure it’s cycling the system on and off properly
- Check the condensation system to ensure proper drainage; treat pan if necessary.
- Straighten fins on your outdoor unit for efficient operation.
- Clean interior of unit & removal of leaves
- Check operation of defrost board (heat pump)
- Inspect the gas piping, Inspect flue vent, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger
- Check fuel line connections
- Clean and inspect the evaporator and condenser coils for dirt and other obstructions
Depending on what type of system, there may be other required items that need to be checked. Extra costs may apply for deep cleanings on your HVAC systems.
We take preventative maintenance seriously, and recommend that you do as well
Preventative maintenance on your HVAC system is something you should take very seriously, whether you want to save money, protect your family, improve efficiency or prevent a mid-season breakdown.
Call Plumbing Express today. Plumbing Express is dedicated to providing the highest quality service with your wants and needs in mind. Here’s what Plumbing Express customers are saying about us on Google:
“Came to the unit even when the property management company botched the work.”
Came to the unit even when the property management company botched the work order to help me when our heater died. Was polite, professional, and helpful. Couldn't recommend enough.
Five Star Google Review
When you choose Plumbing Express for your Preventative Maintenance in the Albuquerque area, you can count on us for: